Join us for Sensory Superstars!
*Please note: This program is on pause until further notice. Please stay tuned for more information.*
Sensory Superstars is a FREE program for families with children on the autism spectrum that occurs the third Sunday of each month. During Sensory Superstars, we provide a lower sensory experience, including dimmed lights and no music.
Check out the Sensory Superstars agenda below:
- 9 – 10am: pre-registered session for one family on the first floor of the museum
- 10 – 11am: pre-registered session for one family on the second floor of the museum
- 11am: multi-family session open to all Sensory Superstars families (no pre-registration required)
- 12pm: museum opens to the general public
We are hosting another Sensory-Friendly Vaccine Clinic on Monday, April 11. During the clinic, participants can expect a lower sensory environment, sensory fidgets, distraction strategies, private rooms, extended appointment time slots, and other individualized accommodations as needed.
Participants must schedule an appointment at this link: https://forms.office.com/r/q7rA5X3a4s
Thank you to our supporters!
Appleton Rotary Foundation – Helen Thom Roemer Fund
SAC Developmental Disabilities Fund, a fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region
Resources at BFK
The following resources are always available at the Welcome Desk, not just during Sensory Superstars!
- Decision Boards with Velcro cards featuring BFK exhibit photos.
- Visual timers.
- Quiet room: Need a break? We’ll find you a calm, quiet space.
Download our updated play scripts and check out our sensory map to help prepare for your multi-sensory experience.