Thank you for thinking of the Building for Kids Children’s Museum! We receive hundreds of worthy donation requests, but as a small not-for-profit we are only able to donate a limited number of charitable gifts each year.
Please submit your request at least six weeks in advance. All non-profit, 501 (c)3 organizations focused on the benefit of children in our community are welcome to submit a request, but the majority of our donations are awarded to K-12 schools within a 45-mile radius of the BFK. We do not grant to corporations’ United Way or Make-a-Wish pledge drives/campaigns.
Donation requests must be in the form of an official letter (e.g. on letterhead) or copy of an event flyer that includes:
- the nature of the event/program
- the recipient of the proceeds
- the date and location of the event/program
- contact person information
- deadline for donation and address where the donation should be mailed if the request is granted
They can be sent via email, mail (attn: Donation Requests), or dropped off at our Welcome Desk. If your request is granted, we will mail a donation by the deadline or event date indicated in your request.