Calling all first time parents!
Are you a first time parent? Or a soon-to-be first time parent? If so, we invite you to join the Welcome Baby Community!
Welcome Baby Community
The Welcome Baby Community was created to support the needs of first time parents in the Fox Valley region.
As a part of the Welcome Baby Community, you’ll receive access to:
- Resources throughout the Fox Cities to assist you in your transition to parenthood
- Opportunities to ask parenting advice and child development questions to local experts from our partner organizations
- Regular opportunities to connect with other first time parents in the area
- Programs to engage with your baby as you learn and grow together
- A FREE membership to the Building for Kids for the first 18 months of your child’s life
- Your first child must not be more than 18 months old
- You must live within the Fox Valley region
- Calumet County
- Outagamie County
- Shawano County
- Waupaca Country
- Northern Winnebago County (Neenah/Menasha)
To become a part of the community, attend one of the our Connecting Events or Play Groups!
Connecting Events occur the second Saturday of every month in-person at the Building for Kids. During these events, an expert from one of our partner organizations will lead a conversation focused on babies and parenting. A typical schedule for the event is below.
Connecting Event Schedule:
- 9:00am-9:15am: Welcome & Introductions
- 9:15am-9:45am: Presentation
- 9:45am-10:00am: Questions & Discussion
- 10:00am-10:30am: Optional play group at the museum (hosted in the Babies & Toddlers Around the World exhibit) – Speaker will stay and answer questions from families
Registration is required.
- Saturday, October 8
- Saturday, November 12
Welcome Baby Play Groups
Come play with other first-time parents and their new babies at the BFK! Welcome Baby Play Groups are informal opportunities to play and socialize with other new families in our Babies & Toddlers Around the World exhibit. These play groups occur the third Thursday of every month from 9am – 10am at the Building for Kids. This is a free opportunity for parents and their babies under 18 months. Registration is required.
Upcoming Play Groups:
- Thursday, October 13
- Thursday, November 17
Supported by a grant from the Basic Needs Giving Partnership Fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region supported by the U.S. Venture Fund for Basic Needs, the J. J. Keller Foundation and other community partners