Calling all first time parents!
Are you a first time parent? Or a soon-to-be first time parent? If so, we invite you to join the Welcome Baby Community!
Welcome Baby Community
The Welcome Baby Community was created to support the needs of first time parents in the Fox Valley region.
As a part of the Welcome Baby Community, you’ll receive access to:
- Resources throughout the Fox Cities to assist you in your transition to parenthood
- Opportunities to ask parenting advice and child development questions to local experts from our partner organizations
- Regular opportunities to connect with other first time parents in the area
- Programs to engage with your baby as you learn and grow together
- A FREE membership to the Building for Kids for the first 18 months of your child’s life
- You first child must not be more than 18 months old
- You must live within the Fox Valley region
- Calumet County
- Outagamie County
- Shawano County
- Waupaca Country
- Northern Winnebago County (Neenah/Menasha)
To become a part of the community, attend one of the Virtual Connecting Events!
Upcoming Virtual Connecting Events
Virtual Connecting Events happen the second Saturday of every month via Zoom. The events are from 9 – 11 am and you can come and go as you please throughout the two hours. Every month, experts from our partner organizations will lead conversations focused on babies and parenting. Each organization will have their own Zoom room and will be available for the full two hours.
Registration is required.
November 14: 9 – 11 am
Some of this month’s conversation topics include Breastfeeding Myths, The Language of Babies, and the Importance of Early Literacy.
Future Dates Include:
- December 12: 9 – 11 am
Grow Together Program Series
Join Ms. Kim as she leads us in songs, stories, and other fun activities to enjoy with your baby, allowing you to grow and learn together. These virtual programs are specifically designed for families with kids 0 – 18 months.
Grow Together programs occur virtually every week on Tuesdays at 9 am. At this time, these programs are only for members and registration is required.
Supported by a grant from the Basic Needs Giving Partnership Fund within the Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region supported by the U.S. Venture Fund for Basic Needs, the J. J. Keller Foundation and other community partners