The Building for Kids has an Artist in Residence Program!
The BFK’s Artist in Residence Program aims to engage professional artists in our multi-disciplinary arts programming (visual, sculptural, textile, writing, and music).
- 8-week engagement
- Host at least 8-hours of studio time, open to the public
- Host 2 interactive programs: 1 designed for kids/families and one designed for local educators (that can be offered as professional development) (programs can be hosted in-person or virtually)
- Opportunity to display, install, or perform work at the Building for Kids (in-person and/or virtually)
- Opportunity to sell work to the Building for Kids to become a part of the museum’s permanent collection
- Cost of supplies and materials needed for programs covered by the Building for Kids
- Paid stipend of $1000
Artist’s time at the Building for Kids can be structured throughout the 8-week engagement to fit with other employment our outside engagements.
After completing the form, you will be contacted by Beth Vanderloop, Director of Programs & Community Engagement to discuss next steps.