We believe that every family deserves the opportunity to play and form strong family bonds. Our Access and Inclusion Initiative ensures all families, regardless of barriers, have access to safe, play-based learning opportunities at the Building for Kids.
Access Scholarship Programs
Our Access Scholarship programs provide critical opportunities for play-based learning to families facing financial barriers.
- Access Admission – Families can visit the museum for $2 per person on any day the museum is open to the general public. See qualifying programs below.
- Family Access Membership – Families can become members at the BFK for $20 per year. With a membership, families receive unlimited free admission to the museum for two named adults and all children under 18, within the same household. Family Access Memberships are for families that live within a 45-mile radius of the BFK. To sign up for a membership, visit the museum or call 920-734-3226. See qualifying programs below.
- Free Admission Days – Throughout the year, we offer a few days when admission to the museum is free for everyone. Watch our Facebook page for upcoming Free Admission Days.
- Field Trip Scholarships – Field trip scholarships are available to schools based on their free and reduced lunch rate. To inquire if your school qualifies for a field trip scholarship, please call 920-734-3226 or email email@example.com.
Access Admission and Family Access Memberships require one of the below documents to show qualification. See the list of qualifications below:
- BadgerCare Plus
- Free/Reduced School Lunch
- Head Start
- Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy
- Referral from a Local Non-Profit
Inclusive Community Programs
Our Inclusive Community programs help address barriers of invitation, communication, transportation, and accommodation. We want to approach others with intention and respect to ensure that everyone belongs at the Building for Kids.
- Sensory Superstars – Sensory Superstars is a free program for families with children on the autism spectrum. This program provides a lower sensory experience at the museum, including dimmed lights and no music.
- SPARK! – SPARK! is a free program for people living with memory loss and their caregivers and loved ones. Each program is designed to engage imagination and creativity.
- Welcome Baby Community – The Welcome Baby Community is designed to support the needs of first-time parents in the Fox Valley region. Participants receive access to parenting resources through the Fox Valley, opportunities to learn from local experts, regular programs to connect with other first-time parents from the area, and a free membership to the Building for Kids.
Support our Access and Inclusion Initiative
If you would like to support our Access and Inclusion Initiative and help ensure that all kids have access to opportunities for safe, play-based learning, please click the button below. In the designation drop-down menu, there’s an option for Access Scholarships.
Thank you to our Access and Inclusion Initiative Sponsors!