The risk of contracting COVID-19 remains throughout our community. As a result, the Building for Kids, along with guidance from the City of Appleton Health Department and federal and state public health officials, has implemented the following policies for our phased reopening:
What we ask of our visitors and each other:
- Masks are required for everyone 3 years and older when inside the museum. For outdoor programming, masks are recommended, but not required. To learn how to make your own mask, click here!
- Hand washing or sanitizing is required upon entry of building.
- Maintain at least 6’ of space between each household group.
- Provide accurate contact information in your registration which can be shared with public health officials should they request it to aide in contact tracing.
- Do not come to the museum if you or someone in your household has been informed of recent exposure or are experiencing any of these COVID-19 symptoms. Click here for a list of symptoms from the CDC.
What we expect of ourselves:
- To exceed the expectations we have for our visitors to mitigate potential exposure – our primary concern is the health and safety of every visitor.
- To facilitate distanced experiences that engage, empower, and energize children and families.
- To increase our typical disinfecting procedures.
- To respond quickly to changing guidance from public health officials and adjust our procedures as necessary.