Explorer Camps are weekend and after-school drop-off programs designed to provide learning opportunities beyond the classroom. Explorer Camps encourage hands-on learning, problem solving, and social/emotional development through the exploration of art, science, and mindfulness.
Who can attend Explorer Camps?
Explorer Camps are open to children currently in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grade.
When are Explorer Camps?
- 3:00-4:00 PM: Drop-off at the BFK & Supervised Open Play in the museum
- 4:00-5:00 PM: STEM or Arts Programming (with snack break)
- 5:00-6:00 PM: Pick-up from the BFK & Supervised Open Play in the museum
- 8:00-9:00 AM: Drop-off at the BFK & Supervised Open Play in the museum
- 9:00-11:00 AM: STEM or Arts Programming (with snack break)
- 11:00-12:00PM: Pick-up from the BFK & Supervised Open Play in classroom
What do Explorer Camps cost?
- Members: Free
- Non-Members: $25 (per child, per multi-week session)
Sessions Available for Registration
STEM Explorer Camps
Stay tuned for more information on our next session of STEM Explorer Camps.
Art Explorer Camps
Explore different art concepts and media. Each week, participants will have access to all art supplies and will be able to experiment with different tools and techniques for creating art.
- Tuesday Explorer Camp – Session 2: November 30 – December 14; January 11 – February 8
- Thursday Explorer Camp – Session 2: December 2 – December 16; January 13 – February 10
- Saturday Explorer Camp – Session 2: November 27 – December 18
The Building for Kids works closely with local public health officials to ensure our operations align with current CDC guidelines and what is most safe for our community.
- Students enrolled in weekday Explorer Camps will be the only visitors in the museum at that time
- Each Explorer Camp session is capped at 30 students
- All students will be masked
- Students will be in pods during snack time
- All BFK staff will be masked
Explorer Camp Handbook
Our Explorer Camp Handbook is your go-to guide to learning everything you need to know about sending your child to Explorer Camp at the BFK. Click here to view our Explorer Camp Handbook.