Weekend Explorer Camps are drop-off programs designed to provide learning opportunities beyond the classroom. Explorer Camps encourage hands-on learning, problem solving, and social/emotional development through the exploration of art, science, and mindfulness.
Who can attend Explorer Camps?
Explorer Camps are open to children currently in Kindergarten – 4th grade.
When are Explorer Camps?
Weekend Explorer Camps are Saturdays from 9am – 12pm. Each session runs for 4 weeks.
Typical Camp Schedule
- 9am: Drop-off
- Camp Programming
- Small Group Playtime in Museum
- 12pm: Pick-Up
What do Explorer Camps cost?
- Members: $80 per 4-week session
- Non-Members: $130 per 4-week session
- Sibling Discount: First child is full price, and any additional siblings are 15% off.
The Building for Kids aims to make Explorer Camps accessible to all families. Please contact us to find out if scholarship funds may be available to you.
Sessions Available for Registration
Coding & Robotics: September 17 – October 8 (Saturdays)
- Campers will be introduced to two different coding platforms using Ozobots and SAM Labs. We’ll also design our own wiggle bots.
Mimic the Makers: October 29 – November 19 (Saturdays)
- Campers will mimic the art of noteworthy artists through a variety of projects using paint, clay, wood, and designing a mural.