During a visit to the BFK, families have access to all museum exhibits and can explore the museum freely, including our da Vinci Studio and Innovation Lab. We have two floors and over 30,000 square feet of exhibit space to discover. You can learn more about our exhibits here!
In accordance with updated CDC guidance and after consultation with our local public health department, masks are optional at the Building for Kids.
No pre-registration is required.
Hours of Operations:
- Tuesday – Thursday
- 9am – 5pm
- Friday – Sunday
- 9am – 4pm
We have a few different parking options at the museum
- Red Ramp – The Red Ramp is located at the corner of Appleton and Lawrence St. Parking is $2 for less than 3 hours. Follow the rocket ships on the sidewalk to the museum!
- Street Parking – You can find street parking all down College Avenue and its side streets. Parking is $1 for up to 2 hours.
We’re also located on the Valley Transit bus line with a stop located less than a block from the museum.
Please note that Appleton St. north of College Avenue is currently closed for construction.
- We are a stroller and wheelchair accessible building with an elevator connecting our two floors
- We have a gift shop, The BFK Store, located in the entrance to the museum. Here you can find educational toys and adorable shirts for the little ones in your life
- We have a quiet room located near the Mielke Family Theater on the 2nd floor for those in need of a private or quiet space during your visit
- For those who pack a snack or lunch, we have tables in our Dino Café where families can eat