Homeschool Exploration Day
Wednesday, November 13 – Registration is now closed.
$5 per student (kids under 1 year-old are free)
Plan your field trip for self-exploration, or add a Discovery Class to enhance the experience! Registration closes on November 8.
Discovery Classes: $3
A minimum of 10 students need to be registered for the classes to be offered.
9:30 am – Art of Collage (recommended for grades K-3)
We’ll look at different storybook artists and the ways they use collage to help tell their stories. After students look at examples, they will create their own masterpiece!
Objectives: Students will…
- Be introduced to children’s authors/illustrators and how they use collage in their books.
- Learn about the different types of media used in collage.
- Create a collage using the techniques learned in class.
10:30 am – What’s the Weather (recommended for grades K-3)
Through different weather stations, students will discover how weather affects their everyday lives and how different factors create weather. They will create a wind streamer, make a cloud in a jar and build a small structure to reduce sun exposure for a small toy animal.
Objectives: Students will learn…
- Weather is a combination of many factors that affect our daily lives and throughout the year.
- Meteorologists use different tools to collect weather data. Students will use or make models of some of these tools.
- How the Sun affects different areas of the Earth’s surface. Students will read a thermometer to take the temperature of sand, soil and water.
- About the conditions needed for clouds to form and characteristics of the major types of clouds.