After-School Explorer Camps are drop-off programs designed to provide learning opportunities beyond the classroom. Explorer Camps encourage hands-on learning, problem solving, and social/emotional development through the exploration of art, science, and mindfulness.
Who can attend Explorer Camps?
Explorer Camps are open to children currently in Kindergarten – 4th grade.
When are Explorer Camps?
After-School Explorer Camps are Tuesdays or Thursdays from 3:15pm – 5:45pm. Each session runs for six weeks.
Typical Camp Schedule
- 3:15 – 3:30pm: Drop Off
- 3:15 – 4:00pm: Free Play
- 4:00 – 4:15pm: Snack
- 4:15 – 5:00pm: Camp Programming
- 5:00 – 5:45pm: Free Play
- 5:30 – 5:45pm: Pick-up
What do Explorer Camps cost?
- Members: $80 per 6-week session
- Non-Members: $130 per 6-week session
- Sibling Discount: The first child is full price and all additional siblings are 15% off.
Thanks to a community impact grant from United Way Fox Cities, made possible through the generous support of community donors, the Building for Kids is now offering FREE After-School Explorer Camp registration to students attending the following AASD Schools: Badger, Columbus, Dunlap, Edison, Foster, Horizons, and Jefferson. Call to register!
Participants enrolled at Columbus can be escorted by a Building for Kids adult to programming. Please let us know if you are interested.
The Building for Kids aims to make Explorer Camps accessible to all families. Please contact us to find out if scholarship funds may be available to you.
Sessions Available for Registration
Altruistic Entrepreneurs: January 3 – February 9 (Tuesdays or Thursdays)
- During this 6-week session, campers will explore addressing different community needs or challenges and how they can help improve the health and welfare of the community. They will:
- Learn what a community initiative is from some community leaders
- Work as a group to come up with ideas that will help address needs or challenges
- Create a community initiative and a presentation to describe the need they are addressing, the people they are impacting, their mission, and their goals
- Present their initiatives to their families on the final day of camp (Families are invited to attend!)
Art & STEM Exploration: February 21 – March 30; April 18 – May 25 (Tuesdays or Thursdays)
- Each week campers will have the opportunity to explore both Art & STEM through different projects. Campers will arrive at the Building for Kids for free play in the museum, eat snack, and will then have the chance to choose between an Art project or a STEM project. They will be presented with the option to switch about halfway through or if they complete one of the projects. Camp will end with more free play in the museum.